Visit to Oklahoma

I went out to Oklahoma to visit my brother and his family. I got a couple of exhilarating rides with Jason on his new motorcycle :) The second day I was there, Jennie and Zach took me to the memorial in Oklahoma City. It was a very emotional experience to stand in the place where the federal building once stood, walk through the museum, and see the chairs on the lawn that represented the men, women and children that were killed there in 1995. It was hard to see the small chairs that stood for the children that went to the child care center that morning and never made it home. I was so glad I was able to go. It was certainly a humbling experience. 




This is a picture of the Survivor Tree that stands across the reflecting pond from the footings of the federal building.

The next day Jennie and the kids took me to the Cowboy Museum. There were some amazing pieces of artwork there. If only I had $50,000 to take one home! 
I took some pictures of the kids outside the kids museum.


I'm still a kid at heart. I couldn't help getting on one of the saddles too.  Thanks Jason and Jennie for a great week at your house. I loved spending time with you and the kids. They're growing up sooo fast.

2 comments:

  1. Jennie's bunch said...:

    Thanks for coming!! We hope you come back soon!! The kids keep asking when your coming back! I love all the memories they made with you!!:)

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Hi Angie it's Angie. Nice blog. Love the pictures of Oklahoma. Did you get a real Oklahoma hello?


 
Angie © 2010 | Designed by Trucks, in collaboration with MW3, Broadway Tickets, and Distubed Tour