School assembly... what was I thinking?!

Today there was an assembly at school and a group came in with some zoo animals. They've done it each year and I've stayed away because of some of the animals they bring. If it's a lizard or snake or anything like that, I didn't want to get too close. Today they had more of the same. One of the teachers touched the snake and thought I should give it a try. Nope! Well, ... then I thought how cool it would be for the kids to see one of their teachers with it around their neck... bad idea!! I'm the first one to admit that I'm a scardy cat when it comes to creepy crawly things but finally I mustered up enough guts to go for it. Check it out!

 
 That look on my face is one of absolute horror. All the muscles in my arms were contracting. I wanted to look brave and have a smile on but it didn't go very well on the first shot. Then they had the bright idea that the snakes head was too far down and didn't make a good picture.... you know what, this is one time that I wasn't terribly eager to get a perfect shot.. but they moved it up anyway. I tried a couple of times to look down and see where it's head was because I didn't want it near mine. I nearly hyperventilated asking my colleagues where it was. Well, what did I learn from the experience...? A person will do nearly anything for the kids, but if it had of decided to get warm ... we were going to have WORDS and I would have left screaming like a school girl!!
    

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I don't believe that you are afraid! You look like you are keeping your cool!!! You are one crazy Angie.

  1. I put on a pretty good face but after it was off I bent over and tried to catch my breath.

  1. Jennie's bunch said...:

    You are NUTS!!!! Kudos to you...I never could have/would have done it!! Those kids better have appreciated it!!;)


 
Angie © 2010 | Designed by Trucks, in collaboration with MW3, Broadway Tickets, and Distubed Tour